Top 5 Pink Nail Polishes
Hey everyone it’s Brenna!!
This summer I have learned to appreciate a nice pink nail polish because it goes with a majority of what I wear, so I never have to suffer the “nails don’t match my outfit today” blues that come along with more vibrant colors
It’s hard to find nice pink shades that aren’t extremely dull or vomit inducing because they’re of poor quality or super expensive, so here are my faves
Essie in Rock Candy
Essie in Fiji
Essie in Cascade Cool
China Glaze in Something Sweet
OPI in Kiss Me On My Tulips
Just thought I’d share my findings with you! :-))
20 beauty tips everyone should know!
1. Skip the foundation If you have acne the first thing you want to do is slather on the thick foundation. Don’t. Foundation is for women over 35. Not only will it cover up your natural beauty, but foundation on a teenager looks anything but natural. Instead, cover up blemishes with concealer, then follow with a powder or tinted mosturizer. Tinted moisturizers tend to be lighter than heavy foundations.
2. You pat concealer in, you never rub it in When applying concealer, put a bit on the pad of your middle finger and pat it in. Never rub. If you have acne just pat some on top of your blemish.
3. Play up your lips or eye but never both! If you are wearing heavy eye makeup try a nude lip or just a bit of gloss. If you prefer wearing darker lipstick, keep your face light looking (stay away from heavy blush) and wear only mascara on your eyes and/or a light eyeshadow. And never, ever line lips in a darker colour than your gloss or lipstick.
4. Less is more Ever notice how some of your friends look best with no makeup at all? No matter your age, too much makeup makes you look worse. If you wear foundation, powder, blush, liner, mascara, eyeshadow, lip liner and gloss on an everyday basis, then you’re overdoing it. Tone it down: All you really need is a great mascara, concealer for blemishes and gloss. Add a pop of blush in winter.
5. Natural hair is always hot If you have super dark hair, lighten your look by going a shade lighter or getting lighter highlights. Blonde? Try highlights, especially framing the face.
6. Vaseline is your best friend Vaseline is a great, cheap eye makeup remover. It’s also great for fixing chapped, scaly lips. Slather on a bunch of Vaseline, then use a toothbrush to massage lips. Wipe the excess off on a tissue. Your lips will be smooth and soft.
7. You can never go wrong with layers Long layers are great for any hair type: Super curly, straight or wavy. It makes thin hair appear thicker, curly hair appear manageable and wavy hair appear to have that just-got-back-from-the-beach look. Just make sure you don’t get too many layers cut in, thats tacky.
8. Acne? Get thee to a dermatologist, stat Biggest mistake people with acne make? Not going to a dermatologist. Getting rid of those pimples will be the best investment you’ll ever make. And the only guaranteed way to do it is with a dermatologist.
9. Spend money on key beauty products: cleansers, mascara, concealer, lip product and maybe some eyeliner.
10. Buying foundation or lipstick? Test it first you should definitely test out a foundation before you buy it. My trick is to apply a bit to the back of your rist and if it matches the colour of your skin there, then its the right colour for you! You should also test: lipstick, blush and powder.
11. ALWAYS WEAR SUNSCREEN NO MATTER HOW TANNED YOU WANT TO BE! sunscreen does not stop you from tanning! it only protects you from the sun’s harmful UV rays.
12.Wrapping hair around the barrel creates waves There’s nothing cooler than long, layered waves. To get them, wind hair AROUND the barrel of a large curling iron. Reverse direction for each 2-inch section (wind up for one, down for another).
13. Self-tanners will ALWAYS smell bad
14. Don’t let nails go Make sure to keep nails clean and the same length. If you do want to paint them, don’t keep the polish on until half of it’s chipped away. Also, there’s nothing worse than too-long toenails. Keep your nails clipped people.
15. Don’t line the inside of your eyes It will make your eyes appear smaller. Instead, line just at the lash line. Also, an obvious line doesn’t look natural. Smudge the line just a bit.
16. If you have oily hair, invest in a dry shampoo If you have blonde hair, sprinkling a bit of baby powder on your roots and at your crown will soak up excess oils. If you have brown hair, you might be better off with a dry shampoo for your hair colour.
17. Shave legs at the end of the shower Cut down on nicks and cuts by making shaving the very last step in your shower or bath.
18. Know your best feature and play it up What feature do people comment on most? Play it up. If you’re told you have Angelina Jolie lips, make sure to wear gloss and play with bold lipstick colors. If it’s your eye color people love, find eyeshadow colors that complement them and make sure to wear mascara.
20. BEAUTY IS MOSTLY INTERNAL OK SO DON’T OBSESS OVER YOUR APPEARANCE THESE ARE JUST A FEW TIPS SO THAT YOU GUYS DON’T CAKE ON MAKEUP AND STUFF
MAC “Impassioned” Dupe~
Hey everyone it’s Kyndal!! This is gonna be a quick post about a dupe I’ve found!! As you may or may not know MAC has started testing on animals :( This has made me stop buying from them, so I have been trying to find dupes of some of my favorite products..
One of my favorite lipsticks from MAC is called Impassioned (Amplified.. so it is very creamy and pigmented) and it is a bright yellow based pink. It retails for around 15 dollars. I will include swatches below.
The dupe is one of Kate Moss’s new lipsticks for Rimmel London..who according to their Facebook does not test on animals, and is only around 6 dollars. The color is in 06. I am not sure if they are limited edition but I found them in a separate display at my local CVS!
Here are some comparison swatches:
MAC Impassioned is on top and Rimmel Kate for Lasting Finish in 06 is on bottom. Impassioned has a tad more pink and 06 is a little bit more scarlet, but on the lips you can’t tell a difference! They are both very pigmented and creamy and have a similar sheen :)
Ok I know a lot of people hate their freckles, especially in the summer because the suns causes more of them to come out. I don’t have any freckles at all but I have a lot of friends that do and they’ve asked for advice on how to get rid of them so I did some research and these are the methods that worked on reducinng the appearance of their freckles:
1- Lemon has a natural acidic power to lighten skin so by rubbing lemon on your face, or by squeezing the juice from a lemon and then using a cotton ball to rub the juice on your face should reduce the appearance of your freckles.
2- Onions have the same acidic power as lemons so you could also use onions to reduce your freckles. The only difference is the smell, but it’s up to you.
3- Try grating a cucumber then squishing it to extract the juice from it and then mix that juice with 1 tbsp of honey and 1 tbsp of fresh lemon juice. Apply the solution to your entire face and leave it there for about 15 minutes.
all of these methods will definitely dry out your skin so i would suggest applying moisturizer to your face after trying any of these.
4- increasing your intake of vitamin C can also help treat freckles so you should try eating things like; oranges, apples, grapes, strawberries, etc.
- Megan :**********
hey guys it’s megan and this is my daily makeup routine for the summer! Also, all the products I use are from drugstores and each product is no more than $10.
1- the first thing i put on my face no matter what is a moisturizer
i use this moisturizer because it has spf 15 in it and i find it brightens my dull looking skin in the morning.
2- during the summer i don’t like using heavy liquid or powder foundations because i obviously sweat more in the summer and when you sweat your pores open up and will clog up with the foundation you are wearing which will cause breakouts. So instead i use a BB cream which i find gives just enough coverage and isn’t as heavy as a foundation.
if you have blemishes or bags that are still visible after using the bb cream i would suggest using which ever concealer you are comfortable with wearing. I use this concealer:
3- This next step is optional, but I personally love blush and wear it all the time. For blush I use a duo cheek tint (i also use it on my lips whenever I feel like it).
the shade i use is “in love 315”.
4- During the summer I use waterproof mascara & eyeliner because i find my makeup runs a lot easier in the summer if i use regular mascara & eyeliner. You can use which ever ones you want but the mascara and eyeliner i use are:
I don’t wear any eyeliner on my bottom waterline, i usually just wear eyeliner along my lash line and make a small wing at the end. If you wear eyeliner on your waterline I would suggest using this eyeliner:
‘endless silky eye pen’ by Pixi in any colour you want! it’s smudge proof which means it shouldn’t run as much.
So that’s basically my daily routine on certain days ill change a few things up depending on where I’m going but these are the basics i use everyday hehe